Hvordan kommer du i Skole?


Hi!! How have you been? :)

Aalborg bike! / (by Paulina Szygenda)
I hope all of you have seen already Me-You-UCN Blog on Facebook? (Link here) It is just easier way to inform you of a new blog post if you are interested:)


Today - one of many developed ways of transportation in Denmark. Bicycling!



Aalborg street / (by Paulina)
I decided to mention about that in a blog post, because there is so many paths just for bikes, and the culture of it it's much higher than driving a car. This is really surprising for me, since it is not common at all to bicycle so much in Poland. In Poland if you have a bike, not a car - I don't know if so many people would like to be friends with you (kidding!) but in Denmark, it's totally normal and it is actually better to have a bike, because you are protecting planet. One Danish friend told me that everyone in Denmark has at least one bike. Unbelievable! (I guess all Danes when reading that - they laugh, because it is not surprising for them at all:) ) 



Here you have a short video with people who are using bikes in Copenhagen, but believe me - in Aalborg - it is just the same. It is worth to mention that when you have a bicycle, you are getting faster to a destination in the city center than with the car. Cyclist have separate traffic lights and it is really easy to go around the city. 

This is also very normal to be cyclist in the winter! For me - it is really difficult - the wind, the cold and the snow. It can just make you crazy! But even in that terrbile weather you can meet lots of people on the bikes!









UCN bike! / (by Paulina)





My ex bike:)
Actually I also had a really nice bike. Until.. Someone stole it. Many international students come to Denmark and just act like everything belongs to them. I am saying here internationals, because if every Dane has a bike I really doubt that he needs to steal other bikes to have more. Sorry!

Guys, if you are coming here, you can just take more money to spend on a bus ticket or a used bycikle. 

There are many ways to transport around here. If you wish to go for a ride around the city, there are city bikes that are always available for you, just for 20 DKK. You can find the link over HERE .
Also new bicykles can be purchased in every cykling shop in Aalborg at minimum price of 1500DKK. Used bicykles are from 250 DKK sold at police auctions (Nordjysk Auktionhus, Porsvej 3, 9000 Aalborg) or you can also check advertisements on internet or in the newspapers. You also need to remember of extra 100 DKK for a lights and a locks. 
As you can see - it is not much money,but they are going to be spent right.

How do you/ did you go to school in your home countries? Is bicycling exciting for you?

I wish you all a great weekend and I would like to remind all of the students who are already here that there is International Week coming!! Personally I can't wait for the presentation of Richard Gesteland :) See you there!!

Casting!!

Multimedia Design Students are recruiting new people for their videos to talk about Aalborg, Denmark, UCN and Student's life here! If you feel like you want to be in a nice video from your University, Let me know !!


3 comments:

João said...

I WANNA GO TO DENMARK!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great overview on this danish culture, and danish reality! I really loved the fact that they actually use plenty of bikes to get anywhere in a short period of time, and the confort and respect that bikers have, really contribute to the overall danbish life quality standards! Brilliant post! Looking forward for more..

Anonymous said...

What i do not realize is in truth how you are not actually a lot more
well-appreciated than you might be right now. You're so intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly when it comes to this matter, made me in my view imagine it from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men don't seem
to be interested unless it's one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs great. Always deal with it up!

My blog - search engine optimisation cardiff

Post a Comment

State your opinion, feedback or suggestion