Acommodation Part 1


I hope you have had a nice week. 

Many of you is preparing to come to Aalborg in September this year, and you are sending me questions about the accommodation and my experience with that. I decided to create blog post, clearing that up, so it is available for everyone.  Hopefully you get a nice weekend reading that.

When I first came to Aalborg (remember that very well – it was 24.08.2009) I was also concerned about the accommodation.  I did not look for anything while being in Poland (that was my mistake) and I arrived here without any flat, just with three suitcases of clothes, toiletries and food (yes, food :) ).  That time UCN had many students coming up, so it was impossible to find apartments or place in dormitories for all of them. They informed me that I will stay in Danhostel ( the same place as we developed concept for them (read post below), but it was not a room in a hostel. It was in a camp house with 5 other people inside (see pictures below).First I thought to myself – Oh My God. Where I am? Why I came to Denmark? What I am supposed to do in a middle of nowhere without any privacy? Do I really not have any fridge to keep my ham and cheeses from Poland?

Camp House I was living in



After my one-day breakdown I met other 50 students who were dealing with the same problem. We decided that it is just waste of time to complain and we started to get to know each other, organize some parties and feel like there were holidays with great friends. These holidays lasted almost 2 months! School of course helped us with payments – we paid half of the price for staying there. 



Bathroom in my room

Meanwhile when we were living in Danhostel, there was one dormitory which was finishing constructions to host us. Some of the students came back to their home countries - it was too much for them I guess, some of them found apartments and I moved in to UC House. The dormitory was fresh, and very luxury I would say. I just know dormitories in Poland which are dirty and just used for parties. Most rooms have the size of 20 m2 and have private toilets. Prices range from DKK 1850 to DKK 2450 for a single room and DKK 1325 to DKK 1525 per person for two people in a shared room. There is installed a fridge in all rooms. We had also very big living room with a large and flat TV screen and sofas. There was also nice terrace where you can go out and sunbathe in the summer on a really nice grass. All rooms have beds, desk (1 for one person), chairs and internet connection. 


Came back do dormitory after Christmas break- lots of food!

Room - table and red shelfs bought in IKEA
I really liked it in the beginning but one thing, which was the biggest issue for me was common kitchen for around 5-10 rooms. As you can imagine not everyone keep it tidy. Owner of the dormitory hired some students to help with cleaning or some reparations once ot twice in a week, which was really helpful move. 

Since I love to cook and I love to spend my free time preparing something delicious, that was my motivation to move out before summer and have my own kitchen. When I came back, I decided to look for an apartment.


Subscribe (you can do it in the left, adding your email address) and follow my blog – so you know when is the next post about the flat in Aalborg, payments, deposit and my biggest surprise when looking for a place to stay!

Aleksandra

PS. Cirque de Glace - Coming this week to Aalborg! International Russian stars with the great ice-circus, in a thrilling and breathtaking show! Prices starts from 260 DKK but as a student in Denmark you can get the tickets for 120 DKK on the day of the show! Just hurry up - these discounts are limited!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

nice..........

Anonymous said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 financialserviceoffer.blogspot.com

Alex ken said...

Dorm assignments are usually for an entire school year, or two semesters; fall and spring. Students usually move out of their dorm at the end of the spring term, and move back into a dorm a few days before the beginning of the next fall term.

Cheapest student accommodation in Preston

Jhon Staphen said...

So, the best way to get a social life is to make sure you're on campus so you can actually meet people and make friends, rather than being home alone.

Overseas student accommodation in Preston

Chao Xing said...

Wow it is really wonderful and awesome thus it is very much useful for me to understand many concepts and helped me a lot. it is really explainable very well and i got more information from your blogDorms in Singapore

Angelina Hassion said...

You have such a wonderful blog. I really appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing and I expect more like this information from your side.
Student Accommodation
Best student Accommodation
Luxury Private Student Accommodation
Luxury Student Accommodation
Cheap Student Accommodation
Student Accommodation Websites
Student Room
student housing
student apartment
student studio
student home
student hall
student flat

Mrs Sharon Sim said...


Are you in need of a loan?
Do you want to pay off your bills?
Do you want to be financially stable?
All you have to do is to contact us for
more information on how to get
started and get the loan you desire.
This offer is open to all that will be
able to repay back in due time.
Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable
and at interest rate of3% just email us.
Email : financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
call or add us on what's app +918929509036
call or add us on what's app +918929509036

globaltravelsdoc said...

I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent info you’ve got right here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon Buy Netherlands/Dutch Passport ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

Post a Comment

State your opinion, feedback or suggestion